Search This Blog

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Today is My Birthday!

Today, I am 46 years old!
Actually, I had to calculate my age.
I don't look at birthdays as getting older. 
Age is just a number in the timeline of life.
Both my grandmothers are in their 90's.
Plus, Great Granny B lived well into her 100's.
My Sissy and I tease, we will live forever!
Our guys better get ready.

Each year on my birthday, I try to reflect back on the past year.
I would like to think, I made a difference or helped someone along the way.
Mainly, I look back and analyze myself.
Am I who I want to be?
Do I treat others as I want to be treated?
Do I do the right thing, even when I don't want too?
Am I doing what I do for selfless reasons?

Today is no different.
BUT
I have added to my questions and analyzations.
I have come to a new certainty about myself.
I have a creative side!
I never believed this to be true.
I was always the one that didn't have vision.
I wasn't artistic as a child, or even as an adult.
I never took the time to read books or do research.
I lacked confidence in myself.
I was always the one to work hard and pass through life.
It seems the only thing I was really proud of was the manner in which I had raised my boys.

Today, I realize,
I DO HAVE VISION!
I AM ARTISTIC!
I DO HAVE CONFIDENCE IN MYSELF!
I NO LONGER PASS THROUGH LIFE!
I MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
I AM PROUD OF WHO I HAVE BECOME AND WHAT I DO!

As I look back, the house fire made a huge impact on my family.
Even more so than the loss of My Daddy.
The past has been more than rebuilding.
It has been believing, trusting, walking blindly along a path you know not where it leads you.
Most of all, it has been complete faith!
Our journey has been life changing!
We have been taught to be still and listen to that little voice.
Follow that little voice wherever it guides you.
Look deep within for your purpose.
Believe in yourself.
Fight for what you know is right.
AND
Never give up on your dream.

Last night, I finished a portion of a project, that is far from complete.
We will blog an entire blog in the near future.
For now, here is a sneak peek.
I am so proud of my vision, my artistic ability, the confidence I have gained, the difference I have made and the person I have become while doing this project, among others we have completed.
I believe this project has touched me more than any other we have done in the house.
It has CHANGED me!


3 comments: