Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Continued Blessings

In the days and weeks after the fire we had continued blessings everywhere we looked.

We had two fall born calves. We call them Money Babies. Most of our calves are spring born, so when we get a fall born, they are free money and unexpected.

Our friends had us a Starting Over Shower. So many gifts from our community, friends and family. It was like Christmas for little kids. Drewman opened the gifts. I read the cards, talked and cried. Flower Boy keep the ledger of names and gifts given. By the end of the day, there was a small SUV and a pickup loaded down with items.

Some days we would come home to find gifts left in the vehicles or on the 5th wheel steps.

I received a call shortly after the fire from a stranger in the oilfield community. This call was very odd to me. The gentleman said he was working on getting us a mobile home. I remember thinking ... Okay... He explained how the oilfield takes care of their own and we were a part of the family. Although I was raised in the oilfield - My Daddy was a welder and my Granddads were both pumpers. I have never worked in the oilfield and certainly didn't feel like oilfield family, but who was I to argue with this man. Life continued and I forgot about the gentleman and the call.

Weeks past and I received another call, from the same gentleman. He says "Remember the mobile home I called you about a few weeks back?" My response "Yes" I paused. He says "It will be at your place next week." I cried the entire way home!

The day of our shower, a friend announced the news about the mobile home and all he had done to work the channels for us to have it until our house is built.

It was a Tuesday, I drove in the drive. Drewman came running to my car, arms open wide, "Mom, we don't have to go to the laundry mat anymore!" I smiled, attempted to hold my composure, walked in the mobile home and cried, "We have dressers!" Flower Boy was doing what he does best. He was making sure Drewman and I were safe and the mobile home was set up properly. The oilfield company delivered and set the mobile home up after 5pm that night. It is fully furnished, including beds, dressers, washer, dryer, pots, pans, dishes, coffee pot, toaster and crockpot. They even provided towels!

Sometimes you have to forget what's gone, appreciate what still remains and look forward to what's coming next.

No comments:

Post a Comment